19 Windsor Lane, Daleville, Virginia 24083
Tel: (540) 966-2589 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Management professional with the ability to build and lead cohesive and effective teams. Dedicated team player and mentor with strategic, analytical, and problem-solving abilities. Record of achievement includes demonstrating strong leadership and the talent to gain credibility with team members and senior management.
- Oversaw and trained Category Merchandise Managers in assortment and financial planning, including terminology and calculations.
- Effectively managed Allocation Teams regarding implementation of various processes and procedures which lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Initiated mentor program when many people were in new roles within my area which shortened their learning curve.
- Trained Merchandisers on best practices in size writing, assortment planning, replenishment, and systems - mainframe and software.
- Assisted training department in the creation of training documentation for 2 mainframe applications.
- Created department and/or category merchandise plans for 7 years for businesses that ranged in volume from $80.0M - $150.0M annually.
- Forecasted and provided merchandise plans to management and buyers. Reviewed with senior management to discuss financials and finalize buying decisions.
- Developed process with buyer to determine optimum breadth and depth of assortment by store, while working within budget and setting expectations for sales to measure success.
- Standardized a form to analyze sales by store, department, and program to determine areas of overstock/ under-stock.
- Automated new store recap which decreased time spent updating by over 2 1/2 hours and improved accuracy.
- Recognized by company for outstanding performance when the VP position was open for 5 months.
- Promoted from within company. Started career in stores as part-time sales associate and progressed into corporate positions upon graduation.
- Awarded Merchandise Manager of the Year 2004.
- Completed Assistant Manager training program at Champís Sports for internship.
- Awarded Employee of the Month 3 times as a sales associate.
Business Coach / Owner (2008) Achieve Success, LLC
Footlocker Inc. (1993-2007) formerly Woolworth Inc.
Director of Merchandising (2005-2007) Lady Footlocker Apparel/Accessories
Merchandise Manager (2004-2005) Lady Footlocker, Apparel
Merchandise Planner (2002-2004) Lady Footlocker, Apparel
Merchandise Planner (2001-2002) Lady Footlocker, X-training/Casual
Associate Planner (2000-2001) Kids Footlocker, Apparel
Merchandiser (1996-1998) Kinney Shoes, Womenís Casual Shoes, New York, New York
Sales Associate (1993-1996, 2007-2008) Divisions of Woolworth Inc. (Kinney Shoes, Northern Reflections, Champs Sports and Lady Footlocker)
[Division of Foot Locker, Incorporated launched in 1982, and consisting of 550 stores.]
- Bachelor of Science, Retail Fashion Merchandising
Marywood College, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Associate of Science, Fashion Buying and Merchandising
Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, New York
- Member - Kappa Omnicron Nu Honor Society
- Member - Delta Epsilon Sigma Honor Society